Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yuss Yumm Yess




Twitter may be the ‘in’ thing among every celebrity today. But on a more realistic front, SMS is the market leader and beats everyone black and blue. Young, not so young are hooked on to appearing in as many inboxes as possible. With many service providers offering free SMSes or charging 1ps per SMS, there is chaotic messaging by everyone.
Somebody sent me an SMS; ‘I knew no beauty, until you appeared. I knew no sweetness until you came. I knew no joy, until you cared. I knew no sorrow, until you left. I know you will come back, and make me love again’… (@#$% &*% $#&# dude, for you kind information I am guy not gay. Sorry to say this but I am not making you love again at least not to me. No way.
There is a total lack of sensibility among many while sending out messages. No wonder I got an SMS which said “Sun glows for a day, Candle for an hour, Matchstick for a minute, But a good day can glow forever, So start ur day with a SMILE… Good night”. It’s always good to start my day with a good night. I sleep walk through most part of my day.


There is a galore of Sardarji jokes (they were already a battered lot but 1 in every 5 SMS has to be a Sardarji special), dirty SMS (age no barrier, sex no barrier) and not to miss the morality SMS (these make me feel like a pig each time). They make a good companion in the loo (I admit shamelessly that I SMS from the loo, deodorized of course.)
Being such a powerful communication tool, SMS has recently helped in solving a murder mystery. Seven years ago Girish, a software engineer with Intel was murdered in front of his fiancée Shubha. This incident took place 4 days after their engagement (I am pausing for a min for you to imagine the ‘Haath ki mehandi’ dialogue from Bollywood)

They were on their way for dinner, when Shubha asked him to stop for a while to look at flights take off and land. Somebody clubbed him with a shock absorber on his head. The shock absorber did not absorb the shock but left Girish in a shock and he died on his way to the hospital. (This is a real story guys, I am not quoting any movie story)

A fast track court has found his fiancee, Shubha, and three others guilty of the act. (Its taken a fast track court 7 years to complete this case. I guess if it was in the regular court, Girish would have re-born again and avenged his death!! Bollywood again.. Yuck Haseena theee, Yuck dewaana thaa.. uska yeh KARZ thaa!!)
She was forced into this marriage and hatched a plan with her love interest Arun (triangular love story.. a la Sangam except that the love interest did not kill himself) Her call records prior to the incident and her SMSes to Arun helped solve this case. This is the first time that such technological evidence has formed the basis for a court verdict.
All I can say is SMS has moved way beyond the loo and found a place in the history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment